Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Life Moments

I went to the Fine Art Fair on the Riverfront this past Sunday.

It was quite pleasant. The weather is usually great and a whole bunch of artists come in to show their stuff.

I bought a couple pairs of earrings from two different vendors. I like these artsy fartsy jewelry vendors. Makes me wish I made jewelry.

Anyway, I'm getting over a cold, and when I was in one jewelry tent, I made a big show of turning away from the jewelry and sneezing into the crook of my arm. I was so preoccupied with turning my head away, I missed the crook of my arm and was caught off-guard by the girl standing there. I sneezed in her general direction.

She looked like a Bradley girl from Chicago. I don't know how I know, but I feel like these Bradley girls from Chicago all have a "look": Slightly pudgy from drinking a lot of beer, a little too brown from fake tanning, flat ironed hair, neatly put together and the look on her face that suggests that she may have just farted.

"Bless you," she said out of obligation and annoyance. She walked away.

I was slightly embarrassed, but I've found that as I've gotten older, I care way less about small things than I used to. It's incredibly liberating.

Well, I ended up being on the same tent trail as this girl. I kept running into her over the course of the next 45 minutes. Unintentional, a little uncomfortable, but overall, hilarious.


1 comment:

  1. AHHH! hilarious.

    You should have talked Shannon into sneezing in her general direction.

    ReplyDelete