Sunday, February 24, 2013

Argh!

A Facebook friend recently posted this JPEG: 

Now, there are a few issues I have with this.

First of all, "angels" is misspelled as "angles."

Irritating.

SECOND.

The message is fucking bullshit.

The reason women get married and go to strange men's homes is because the culture is partiarchal and they are born and bred to be good wives. They go to college just so they can look good on paper and once they are married off, none of that matters anymore.

I can't tell you how many times I've been in India and upon meeting someone's family, they tell me what their daughter studied and when I ask them, "Oh, what is she doing now?"

"Oh, now she's married."

End of sentence. No further explanation.

Now she's a wife. She belongs to her husband and that is all she does.

It's like NO ONE IN INDIA READ THE FEMININE MYSTIQUE.

Are all little girls supposed to be rainbows of happiness?

What if you aren't a rainbow of happiness? Are you supposed to feel like a failure as a woman? Can't we just find someone who accepts us as the bleak, gray winter we might be?

What if I don't want to fill your fucking home with COLORS? Why can't you do that for yourself and invite my cold, bitter heart in for some goddamn warmth?

Fill yourself with color and then let's talk.




1 comment:

  1. preach!

    you're my angle, 90 mother fuckin' degrees!

    Also, this is hilarious...and true.

    ReplyDelete