Saturday, May 26, 2012
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Friday, May 11, 2012
Thursday, May 10, 2012
I have recurring dreams that I am best friends with Shaq. Yes, Shaquille O’Neal, the 7 foot 1”, 325 pound (according to Wikipedia) former basketball player.
I recently told this to a group of friends and they wanted to know if it was because I was somehow latently attracted to Shaq.
However, these dreams are not even remotely sexual. I just truly believe that Shaq is probably an awesome person and it would be great to have him as a best friend. In my dreams, our schtick is the fact that he is so large and I am so small. It’s hard for me not to see Shaq on television without picturing my diminutive self next to him.
Let’s look at the reasons that I presume Shaq to be so full of awesome:
- He got drafted to the NBA and got some spotlight on him for his size as well as his skill, winning Rookie of the Year in 1992-93. He led his team, the Orlando Magic, to the NBA Finals in 1995.
- With his fame, he decided to release some rap albums as well as star in some movies. His first album, Shaq Diesel, went platinum. He even had a guest rapper spot on a song with Michael Jackson.
- Shaq pursued an acting career with credits including: Blue Chips, Kazaam, Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- He has appeared in numerous video games
majored in business at Louisiana State University, but left after his third
year to pursue his career in the NBA. He later returned to complete his
bachelor’s degree at the request of his mother. He completed an MBA from the
University of Phoenix and most recently, completed his PhD in Education at
Barry University. His thesis: “The Duality of Humor and Aggression in
Leadership Styles.” He told an ABC reporter that he plans to pursue his
education further still by attending law school.
His pursuit of education shows that he is well aware of his inevitable demise as a celebrity. He knows he will have to have some sort of skills to survive in the real world. Good for him.All in all, I admire the guy. He got famous and attempted to do everything his little (ginormous) heart desired: rap, act and be educated.Good for him. Let him be an example for all of us.
Monday, May 7, 2012
|Cinco de Mayo Supermoon|
Did you guys see the Supermoon Saturday night? It was pretty beautiful. I drove around the Wildlife Prairie Park area to get away from the "city lights" of Peoria and saw a shooting star! I took it as a good sign of things to come.
UPDATE: That shooting star was full of shit. My run of "good luck" lately has included the following:
1. Passing out at the eyeglass store and being taken away in an ambulance
2. Getting a speeding ticket 2 seconds after pulling out of McDonald's
3. Spending 24 hours worried that I was losing my vision after a stupid optician told me my retina was about to fall off
4. Confirming that there are indeed abnomalities in my retina, thus signaling that I am on the precipice of rot and decay